Sunday, July 17, 2011

GASTRONOMICLES 0001: HAPADOG

I was walking with my best friend one night at SM Sky Garden, and I noticed a new signage near Cello's :)

Turns out it's a new signature Japanese hotdog joint called HAPADOG. 

HAPADOG - adj. 1. Slang. of mixed racial heritage with partial roots in asian and/ or pacific islander ancestry.
n. 2. Slang. a person of such ancestry. {der./hawaiian: hapa haole. (half white) }

craving for something new we ordered a hapadog for our late night dinner :)


I ordered a Kokkore Dog - a hotdog wrapped in mashed potato topped with teriyaki sauce, japanese mayo, and nori flakes. If you want an extraordinary hotdog, this is it. It's a refreshing new twist to this old comfort food. Their hotdogs are also big enough for 2 (although my friend ate hers and half of mine), and served in an interesting wood tray :)


This is their version of a Chili Dog, which is also topped with nori flakes.


I also liked their french fries called, "furaidopoteto" which has like a sour cream taste.

If not for my poor health, I would eat more of their food and if not for my work the next day, I'll try their cocktails (they have a HAPA Hour! :) )
Take note that they don't have ketchup in case you are that "ketchup with anything" person. :)

PRICE RANGE: For 2, We only paid more or less P400, not bad :)
Visit their website: http://www.hapa-dog.com/

Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/venue/19228069

No comments:

Post a Comment